On Mon, Sep 09 2019, Song Liu wrote: > Hi Neil, > >> On Sep 9, 2019, at 7:57 AM, NeilBrown wrote: >> >> >> If the drives in a RAID0 are not all the same size, the array is >> divided into zones. >> The first zone covers all drives, to the size of the smallest. >> The second zone covers all drives larger than the smallest, up to >> the size of the second smallest - etc. >> >> A change in Linux 3.14 unintentionally changed the layout for the >> second and subsequent zones. All the correct data is still stored, but >> each chunk may be assigned to a different device than in pre-3.14 kernels. >> This can lead to data corruption. >> >> It is not possible to determine what layout to use - it depends which >> kernel the data was written by. >> So we add a module parameter to allow the old (0) or new (1) layout to be >> specified, and refused to assemble an affected array if that parameter is >> not set. >> >> Fixes: 20d0189b1012 ("block: Introduce new bio_split()") >> cc: stable@vger.kernel.org (3.14+) >> Signed-off-by: NeilBrown > > Thanks for the patches. They look great. However, I am having problem > apply them (not sure whether it is a problem on my side). Could you > please push it somewhere so I can use cherry-pick instead? I rebased them on block/for-next, fixed the problems that Guoqing found, and pushed them to https://github.com/neilbrown/linux md/raid0 NeilBrown