Hi! > > I adapted example-gatt-server for a project... and it works ok > > (thanks), as long as public address is used. I could not configure > > random address in main.conf, so I'm doing it with btmgmt: > > Have you tried setting Privacy = device? > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/src/main.conf#n71 I tried playing with privacy, but could not get it to work. But that was some time ago, and I could have messed it up. > > #!/bin/bash > > ( ... > > echo static-addr c2:34:56:78:90:ab ... > > sleep .1 > > echo power on > > ) | sudo ../bluez/tools/btmgmt > > sleep 2 > > > > With random address, it does not work: lescan from other machine > > detects right address, and I can connect, but that's it, services > > can't be listed. > > bluetoothd don't really know that you have set a static address like > that, anyway I don't know what exactly is not working so it very hard > to give any instruction with such vague description of the problem. Ok, if bluetoothd does not know I've done this, that would kind of explain the problem. I'm trying to run gatt-server, so I'll need to get static address to work somehow. What is the correct way to set static address, so that bluetoothd has chance to know about it? Do I need to patch sources for that? > > I'm using 4.19 kernel on one side and current -next on the other side, > > with bluez e4cf43fc62b4e4dbabc72d4e44e095d7a9087992, Fri Sep 7 > > 16:25:44 2018. > > > > And it seems I'm not the only one having this problem: > > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50707914/setup-bluez-gatt-server-with-random-address > > > > Any ideas how to debug that? Does configuration with random address > > work for you? Is there chance update to latest versions helps? > > Look at privacy, if that doesn't work then collect the journal logs > and btmon traces, etc. Privacy does not do exactly what I need, but I'll try. Thanks a lot for help, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html