linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Pali Rohár" <pali.rohar@gmail.com>
To: Denis Kenzior <denkenz@gmail.com>
Cc: ofono@ofono.org, linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: HSP/HFP ofono bluetooth support for Linux desktop
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 20:15:34 +0100	[thread overview]

On Thursday 13 February 2020 13:08:56 Denis Kenzior wrote:
> > So, why should I even consider to use ofono at all? It does not support
> > none of above desktop feature, it does not support extended codecs, it
> > does not support HSP profile and also it does not support HFP profile
> > without physical modem (majority of desktops and laptops).
>
> Your initial proposal wanted to use oFono as some sort of helper for your
> daemon, and that is just not going to be accepted by oFono upstream.  I gave
> you a few alternatives, including how to extend oFono to do what you want.
> If you want to roll your own, go for it.

You have said that ofono is not going to accept usage of hsphfpd for
telephony and also you said that ofono does not have plans to implement
needed HSP and HFP features for desktop users.

So conclusion from all these facts is that ofono is fully unusable for
desktop / latop usage of bluetooth HSP and HFP profiles.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com