linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Raffael Stocker <r.stocker@mnet-mail.de>
To: linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org
Subject: BlueZ/D-Bus: Interpretation of service classes and UUIDs
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 01:50:59 +0100	[thread overview]

I have recently written a bluetooth package for Emacs using the BlueZ
D-Bus interface.  For the interpretation of device and service classes,
and other UUIDs, I hand-scraped the bluetooth.com website, although much
of the information seems to be available somewhere in BlueZ, at least
on a source code/C library interface level, if not on D-Bus.

Have I overlooked any way to query BlueZ for a human-readable
interpretation of UUIDs etc. over D-Bus?

If not, could such an interface be implemented in BlueZ?  I think it
would be very useful if applications building on BlueZ could all offer
the same textual representation of UUIDs without each replicating the
same data over and over again.

Regards,
        Raffael