On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:13:02AM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote: > > > On 2018/11/26 下午11:01, Andrea Gelmini wrote: > > One question: I can completely trust the ok return status of scrub? I know is made for this, but shit happens... > > No, scrub only checks csum of data and tree blocks, it doesn't ensure > the content of tree blocks are OK. Hi Qu, and thanks a lot, really. Your answers are always the best: short, detailed and very kind. You rock. I'm going to send a patch to propose to add your explanation above on the relative man page, if you agree. > For comprehensive check, go "btrfs check --readonly". I'll do it. At the moment I just compared the file existance between my laptop and latest backup. Everything is fine. > > However I don't think it's something "btrfs check --readonly" would > report, but some strange behavior, maybe from LVM or cryptsetup. Well, I'm using this setup with ext4 and xfs, on same machine, without troubles. I've got files checksummed on the backup machine, so I can be sure about comparing integrity. Anyway, thanks a lot again, Andrea