On 2019-01-29 2:02 p.m., Chris Murphy wrote: > > There's no dirty bit set on mount, and thus no dirty bit to unset on > clean mount, from which to infer a dirty unmount if it's present at > the next mount. Some time back, i was toying with the idea of a Startup script that creates a /need_scrub file, paired with a daily nightly script that checks for that file and runs scrub if found. That way, if the system ever ended up re-started without admin intervention, a scrub would be run that very night. But I've decided against using BTRFS parity raid until I can get working 2 device failure with no write hole. Either with Metadata Raid 1 N3 (what's the correct way to say that?) or Raid 6 that's write hole proof.