On 2019-02-14 6:37 a.m., André Malm wrote: > > > The 'out' file is 34M, which is the full size. > > What causes this? > Just to narrow it down, the fault is the contents of the server.jar file, not how it was created. If I upload a urandom server.jar file to my own website, then download it with wget as described, btrfs send creates a properly small diff However, if I upload the actual server.jar file to the same URL, then repeat the process, I again get a 34MB out How often does this happen? Did you just happen to stumble on the one file in the Universe that does this with server.jar? Or was there are a wider context?