From: devel@roosoft.ltd.uk
To: "linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org" <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Problems balancing BTRFS
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 13:20:10 +0000	[thread overview]

On 22/11/2019 13:10, Qu Wenruo wrote:

> On 2019/11/22 下午8:37, devel@roosoft.ltd.uk wrote:
>> So been discussing this on IRC but looks like more sage advice is needed.
> You're not the only one hitting the bug. (Not sure if that makes you
> feel a little better)

Hehe.. well always help to know you are not slowly going crazy by oneself.

>> The csum error is from data reloc tree, which is a tree to record the
>> new (relocated) data.
>> So the good news is, your old data is not corrupted, and since we hit
>> EIO before switching tree blocks, the corrupted data is just deleted.
>>
>> And I have also seen the bug just using single device, with DUP meta and
>> SINGLE data, so I believe there is something wrong with the data reloc tree.
>> The problem here is, I can't find a way to reproduce it, so it will take
>> us a longer time to debug.
>>

>> Despite that, have you seen any other problem? Especially ENOSPC (needs
>> enospc_debug mount option).
>> The only time I hit it, I was debugging ENOSPC bug of relocation.

As far as I can tell the rest of the filesystem works normally. Like I
show scrubs clean etc.. I have not actively added much new data since
the whole point is to balance the fs so a scrub does not take 18 hours.

So really I am not sure what to do. It only seems to appear during a
balance, which as far as I know is a much needed regular maintenance
tool to keep a fs healthy, which is why it is part of the
btrfsmaintenance tools

Are there some other tests to try and isolate what the problem appears
to be?

Thanks.

--
==