Am 24.09.21 um 06:13 schrieb Trond Myklebust: > On Fri, 2021-09-24 at 05:46 +0200, Ralph Boehme wrote: >> leases can be shared among file handles. When someone requests a >> lease >> he passes a cookie. Then when he opens the same file with the same >> cookie the lease is not broken. > > Right, but that is easily solved in user space by having the cookie act > as a key that references the file descriptor that holds the lease. This > is how we typically implement NFSv4 delegations as well yeah. We already track the required state in userspace anyway, so this should be a low hanging fruit (more or less :) ). -slow -- Ralph Boehme, Samba Team https://samba.org/ SerNet Samba Team Lead https://sernet.de/en/team-samba