Am 20.09.21 um 17:10 schrieb Steve French: > On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:03 AM Ralph Boehme wrote: >> >> Am 20.09.21 um 16:45 schrieb Ralph Boehme: >>> Am 19.09.21 um 04:13 schrieb Namjae Jeon: >>>> Use LOOKUP_NO_SYMLINKS flags for default lookup to prohibit the >>>> middle of symlink component lookup. >>> >>> maybe this patch should be squashed with the "ksmbd: remove follow >>> symlinks support" patch? >> >> also, I noticed that the patches are already included in ksmbd-for-next. >> Did I miss Steve's ack on the ML? >> >> I wonder why the patches are already included in ksmbd-for-next without >> a proper review, I just started to look at the patches and wanted to >> raise several issues. > > I included them at Namjae's request in for-next to allow the automated > tests to run on them (e.g. the Intel test robot etc.) - those > automated bots can be useful ... but I had done some review of all of > them, and detailed review of most, and had run the automated tests > (buildbot) on them (which passed, even after adding more subtests), > and the smbtorture tests were also automatically run (it is triggered > in Namjae's github setup). > > Of the 8 patches in for-next, these 3 are the remaining ones that I am > looking at in more detail now: > > 24f0f4fc5f76 ksmbd: use LOOKUP_NO_SYMLINKS flags for default lookup > 1ec1e6928354 ksmbd: add buffer validation for SMB2_CREATE_CONTEXT > e2cd5c814442 ksmbd: add validation in smb2_ioctl ok, thanks for explaining. To be honest, I'm still trying to make sense of the patch workflow. Hopefully I get there eventually. How can I detect if a patch is already reviewed and queued for upstrea merge, so it's "too late" for me to do a review? -slow -- Ralph Boehme, Samba Team https://samba.org/ SerNet Samba Team Lead https://sernet.de/en/team-samba