Hi Linus, >> The machine is running a 'AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-Core Processor' >> and is freezing without any trace every view days. > > I don't think the first-gen Zen issues ever really got solved. There > were multiple ones, with random segfaults for the early ones (but > afaik those were fixed by an RMA process with AMD), but the "it > randomly locks up" ones never had a satisfactory resolution afaik. > > There were lots of random workarounds, but judging by your email: > >> We played with various boot parameters (currently we're using >> 'mem_encrypt=off rcu_nocbs=0-31 processor.max_cstate=1 idle=nomwait nomodeset consoleblank=0', > > I suspect you've seen all the bugzilla threads on this issue (kernel > bugzilla 196683 is probably the main one, but it was discussed > elsewhere too). I just found that one, I'll have a closer look at the details in the next days. > I assume you've updated to latest BIOS and looked at various BIOS > power management settings too? No, but I'll have a look at that. > Zen 2 seems to have fixed things (knock wood - it's certainly working > for me), But many people obviously never saw any issues with Zen 1 > either. Do you know about the Zen3 status, I was thinking to replace the system by this one with AMD Ryzen 9 5950X: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101 Thanks! metze