On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 03:51:48PM +0000, Chris Brandt wrote: > On Tue, Dec 3, 2019, Mark Brown wrote: > > Looking at a bunch of the stuff here it looks like you could benefit from > > regmap, it's got lots of debug infrastructure. > Thank you for the suggestion, but I looked into using regmap, and there > are a lot of drivers that use it, but I don't think it's going to work > well for me. > Regmap assumes that all the registers will be the same size. I have to > have functions that write with different widths (8/16/32) for a reason. You *can* have more than one regmap for a device, or if it really only is one or two registers open code accesses to just those registers.