linux-debuggers.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Omar Sandoval <osandov@osandov.com>
To: linux-debuggers@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Linux Kernel Debugging Tools Monthly Meeting on Wednesday, December 20th
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:43:17 -0800	[thread overview]

After a Thanksgiving hiatus, and just in time for Christmas, the next
Linux Kernel Debugging Tools meeting is tomorrow, Wednesday, December
20th at 11:30 AM Pacific time. This meeting is a forum to discuss
development of Linux kernel debugging tools like drgn, crash, and more.

The agenda so far is:

- Debrief on the Plumbers microconference. Should we do it again next
  year? If so, what do we want to do differently (or the same)?
- drgn updates
	- 0.0.25 release:
	  https://drgn.readthedocs.io/en/latest/release_highlights/0.0.25.html.
	- Default program/optional prog first impressions?
	- Adding built-in commands to drgn
	  (https://github.com/osandov/drgn/pull/367): if we go down this
	  route, how can we bridge the gap between commands and drgn
	  scripting so that it's easy for crash converts to adopt the
	  fancier drgn features?
	- Dealing with `-gsimple-template-names` for C++.
	- Omar's plans for next year: module API, QEMU/gdbstub
	  integration.

Please reply with anything else you'd like to add. As always, if you
would like to attend, please email me offlist.

P.S. I've been busy with production issues for the last few weeks, so
apologies to everyone waiting on my code review :(

Thanks!
Omar