linux-erofs.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Ian Kent <raven@themaw.net>
To: Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@linux.alibaba.com>,
	linux-erofs@lists.ozlabs.org,
	Jeffle Xu <jefflexu@linux.alibaba.com>
Subject: Re: Trying to work with the tests
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:47:58 +0800	[thread overview]

On 23/4/24 18:34, Gao Xiang wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On 2024/4/22 21:10, Ian Kent wrote:
>> On 22/4/24 17:12, Gao Xiang wrote:
>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> (+Cc Jingbo here).

>>> Thanks for your interest and provide the detailed infos.
>>>
>>> I guess a modified 5.14 kernel may be originated from RHEL 9?
>>
>> Yes, that's right.
>>
>> I am working on improving erofs support in RHEL which of course goes
>> via CentOS Stream 9.
>
> BTW, could you submit the current patches to CentOS stream 9 mainline?
> so I could review as well.

CentOS Stream is meant to allow our development to be public so, yes, I
would like to do that.

It will be interesting to see how it works, I'll have a look around the
CentOS web site to see if I can work

out how it looks to external people.

Timing is good too as I'm about to construct a merge request and our
process requires that to be against

the CentOS Stream repo.

That repository is located on GitLab ... so we'll need to work out how
to go about that.

>>> I have a plan to backport the latest EROFS to CentOS stream 9, but
>>> currently I'm busy in internal stuffs, so it's still a bit delayed...
>>
>> Right, Eric mentioned you were keen to help out.
>>

>> The full back port is a bit much to do in one step, I'd like to let
>> it settle for a minor release before considering
>>
>> further back port effort. Of course any assistance is also welcome if
>> and when you have time.
>
> Yeah, since you've already picked to Linux 5.19.  So I think I could
> also give a try if these commits are available on gitlab...
>
> I think I can help nail down the issue (fscache/005) too.

Right, there are only a couple of problems with the tests so I've
decided to go ahead with the merge request and

work the test problems out those out as I go.

Ian