18.09.2019 15:16, Willy Tarreau пишет: > We've already discussed that point a few times. The issue is that > bootloaders and/or BIOSes tend to wipe everything. Ideally we should > let the boot loader collect entropy from the DDR training phase since > it's a period where noise is observed. It's also the right moment to > collect some random contents that may lie in the RAM cells. > > Similarly asynchronous clocks driving external components can be used > as well if you can measure their phase with the CPU's clock. This does not correspond to my own observations. I have a setup where a secondary key is saved into RAM for unlocking a LUKS container after a reboot. It is documented by me (sorry, in Russian only) here: https://habr.com/ru/post/457396/ , will publish an English translation in my blog if I get at least one request (in private email, please). The results so far are: 1. Desktop with MSI Z87I board: works. 2. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop: works. 3. Server based on the Intel Corporation S1200SPL board (available from OVH as EG-32): does not work, memory is cleared. 4. Cheap server based on Gooxi G1SCN-B board (the cheapes thing with IPMI available on bacloud.com): works. So that's 75% of success stories (found at least one page that is preserved after the "reboot" command) based on my samples. -- Alexander E. Patrakov