On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 09:51:20AM +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote: > On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:16 AM Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > > > On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 08:30:43AM +0800, wangyan wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > > > I met a performance problem when I tested buffer write compared with 9p. > > > > CCing Miklos, FUSE maintainer, since this is mostly a FUSE file system > > writeback question. > > This is expected. FUSE contains lots of complexity in the buffered > write path related to preventing DoS caused by the userspace server. > > This added complexity, which causes the performance issue, could be > disabled in virtio-fs, since the server lives on a different kernel > than the filesystem. > > I'll do a patch.. Great, thanks! Maybe wangyan can try your patch to see how the numbers compare to 9P. Stefan