On Wed, 2020-10-07 at 13:15 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote: > On 07/10/20 10:59, David Woodhouse wrote: > > Yeah, I was expecting the per-irqdomain affinity support to take a few > > iterations. But this part, still sticking with the current behaviour of > > only allowing CPUs to come online at all if they can be reached by all > > interrupts, can probably go in first. > > > > It's presumably (hopefully!) a blocker for the qemu patch which exposes > > the same feature bit defined in this patch. > > Yeah, though we could split it further and get the documentation part in > first. That would let the QEMU part go through. Potentially. Although I've worked out that the first patch in my series, adding x2apic_set_max_apicid(), is actually a bug fix because it fixes the behaviour if you only *hotplug* CPUs with APIC IDs > 255 and there were none of them present at boot time. So I'll post this set on its own to start with, and then focus on the per-irqdomain affinity support after that. David Woodhouse (5): x86/apic: Fix x2apic enablement without interrupt remapping x86/msi: Only use high bits of MSI address for DMAR unit x86/ioapic: Handle Extended Destination ID field in RTE x86/apic: Support 15 bits of APIC ID in IOAPIC/MSI where available x86/kvm: Add KVM_FEATURE_MSI_EXT_DEST_ID