Linus, > Do you have a lot of pending fixes? Because things _seem_ fairly quiet > for this release, and right now it doesn't seem to make much sense to > delay 5.8. No, it is not about fixes. I have one fix pending and I am quite sure we make it for 5.8. It would simply give me one more week to get some not-so-complex I2C driver updates into 5.9 which I couldn't apply before because of my holidays. With the next merge window this soon, I can now choose to let people wait 3 more months or to put some stress on my side (bye bye holiday relaxation). So, I wondered if maybe more maintainers would be in a similar siuation and we could get an extra week to catch up (I know this is not a technical reason). Anyhow, given your response, this seems not the case. Kind regards, Wolfram