linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Benjamin Beckmeyer <beckmeyer.b@rittal.de>
To: Jonathan Cameron <jic23@jic23.retrosnub.co.uk>
Cc: linux-iio@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Re: imx25 ADC values wrong after sporadic time
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:04:41 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

> Obviously I'm guessing just as much as you are.

> I would first check to see if the interrupt fired at all in the case
> where the timeout occurred.  The completion only fires if we have
> a flag set in the status register.  Add an else to that block see
> if we get interrupts where it isn't set.  For example if we are
> getting spurious interrupts from somewhere occasionally we might
> get a race in there as it clears all the irq sources, not just the
> ones we have actually handled (which is dubious as there is defintely
> a race in there if any of the others are firing).
> You could cynically add a spinning loop of some type to waste time
> in that race period and see if you can open the window up to replicate
> on your system.

> I don't have one of these, but perhaps try on your 'good' system
> with just clearing the SR_E0Q interrupt and it may give us some insight
> into why the others are being cleared.

> Note that if we don't find an expected interrupt (and there isn't
> a weird hardware bug that needs working around) then we should
> return IRQ_NONE to let the kernel spurious interrupt handling kick
> in correctly.

> Otherwise, I would indeed look at the interrupt controller driver.
> Might be something dubious in there.  Of course the RTC error
> could be something entirely different.

> Of course the usual issues of power brownout and similar might
> also be going on.  The delights of systems at customers working
> differently than the ones you have!

> Jonathan

Hey Jonathan,

thanks for your reply and your guesses, too.
I will try some changes and maybe come back again. Like it wrote before
it could take 2 months.
I thought maybe somebody else could have the same problem or better I
hoped somebody had the same problem and a solution for me. But I know
that this hardware is really rare.

Benjamin