On 20/09/07 09:10AM, Lukas Bulwahn wrote: > > I was wondering how should I go about the original patch? Should I keep > > both the checks or just the executable one and let be the patch as it is > > as further cleanup can lead to better performance as we have already > > seen with the evaluations. > > > > Kees Cook and Andrew Morton pointed out that a tool may not rely on > the executable flag. So, checkpatch.pl may not rely on the executable > flag; the patch we created here is misdesigned, now we know that. Sir, Yes. > > > Also, I have completed all the tasks related to this project on Community > > Bridge's site. What are the next steps of mentorship? By when can I > > expect the results sir/ma'am? > > > > Mentorship can begin by October 1st. We need to develop a project plan > for the mentorship, you are in the lead to write that. We need a > project plan for the mentorship to start. > Eagerly looking forward to writing the plan. How, when and to whom am I required to submit this plan and what should it broadly contain? > In the process of the checkpatch.pl patch creation, we identified that > we can check if we find any invocations that rely on the executable > flag. This could be a first set of tasks to do in the mentorship. > Yes, sure sir. > Maybe, you can find another aspect to look into the checkpatch.pl > evaluation? Maybe the check for the line of the SPDX-Identifier was > not the best case to start with, because it is more complex than > initially thought. > I suggested few patches before, guess they can sip into mentorship if you find them fit enough. Apart from those I have a few other observations on checkpatch.pl and I am continuously evaluating the output file for more. I will share these evaluations on a different thread. > > Lukas