On Tue 2020-10-20 18:28:33, Bollinger, Seth wrote: > > > > >> Is there a way to avoid this? Even if we write the on value twice, > >> it will flash for 500ms at least once… > > > > There should be. Can you simply write new values to on and off, > > without writing zeros there? > > In this case we’re switching from on:86400, off:0 -> on:0, off:86400. We write off first, then on using fwrite() to a file. From the trace, it looks like on is always stored first. So, the first store is on:0, off:0 for a brief period (enough to trigger the default), and then off is stored. We’re already trying to not have them not both be zero at the same time. I tried putting fflush() between them, but that didn’t help. I suppose we could try to sleep some period of time, but this seems bad as well. Maybe write and read to verify the value is correctly stored? > I don't understand. Why would you use blink with on:86400, off:0? > > If there's no reasonable value to change the frequency, we'll need to > > fix that. > > I think if we could control the delays with trigger set to none, then we could set the delays and enable the timer trigger for a no glitch operation. I suppose if there was a timer-off trigger, that would work as well, but seems kind of silly. > You may want to look at ledtrig-transient and ledtrig-oneshot...? Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek