How does it *make sure* that I've backup files younger than 10 days old? What if I delete those files? On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 3:54 PM Zdenek Kabelac wrote: > Dne 28. 11. 18 v 13:18 Far Had napsal(a): > > Thanks for the response, > > but I still don't get the point. Assume that I use same names for my > VGs, In > > this case if I do for example: > > /retain_days = 10/ > > and > > /retain_min = 15/ > > in lvm.conf file, what is the system's behaviour when archiving backup > files? > > Please explain specifically. > > Hi > > Archive file should be kept for at least 10 days, and there should be kept > at > least 15 archive files. > > So in better example: > > If you have i.e. many files generated daily - this makes sure you should > have > files at least 10 days back as well (otherwise it could happen you could > have > backup only from last few recent commands) > > If you run lvm2 modifying commands very occasionally - you should still > have > at least 15 historical archives (otherwise it could happen you could have > very few archives if any....) > > As you can see both are 'arming' at slightly different work flow. > > Regards > > Zdenek >