Hi Zdenek, Thanks for your reply. The use case is for containerd snapshooter, yes, all lvm setup is on host machine, creating thin LV for VM-based/KATA container as rootfs. For example: https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3136 and https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3022 So, we're evaluating such solution now~ Thanks, Eric On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 19:04, Zdenek Kabelac wrote: > Dne 11. 04. 19 v 2:27 Eric Ren napsal(a): > > Hello list, > > > > Recently, we're exercising our container environment which uses lvm to > manage > > thin LVs, meanwhile we found a very strange error to activate the thin > LV: > > > > > Hi > > > The reason is very simple here - lvm2 does not work from containers. > It's unsupported and if it partially works - it's a pure lucky case. > > ATM it's simply clear statement that lvm2 cannot be used from container > simply > because block layer is not namespaced. > > I'd give here long list of reason why it currently cannot work, but for > now - > you should focus on making all 'device-block' operation on you host - and > pass > results to container. > > Regards > > Zdenek > -- - Eric Ren