I am looking into thin snapshots since the older COW snapshots delay my boot enormously. My normal root fs is on a normal "non-thin" volume. So to make a snapshot I have boot into a live cd environment then set my root fs volume to read-only and then set it to inactive. Commands: sudo lvchange -pr vgfedora/fedora sudo lvchange -an vgfedora/fedora Now I create the thin snapshot using lvcreate, after that I need to restore my root LVS to its original state: sudo lvchange -ay vgfedora/fedora sudo lvchange -prw vgfedora/fedora This fails with: Command on LV vgfedora/fedora uses options that are invalid with LV parameters: lv_is_external_origin. I mean what is the point of creating a snapshot if I can't change my original volume ? Is there some sort of resolution ? -- Regards, Sreyan Chakravarty