On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 06:54:48PM +0100, Gionatan Danti wrote: > Il 2022-01-31 16:28 Demi Marie Obenour ha scritto: > > thin_trim is a userspace tool that works on an entire thin pool, and I > > suspect it may be significantly faster than blkdiscard of an individual > > thin volume. That said, what I would *really* like is something > > equivalent to fstrim for thin volumes: a tool that works asynchronously, > > in the background, without disrupting concurrent I/O. > > Are you sure that fstrim works asynchronously? > I remember "fstrim -v /mybigdevice" tacking some time (~30s). It’s happens online and without preventing other I/O from happening, whereas thin_trim can only be run offline. > > FYI, you might want to specify a full fingerprint here; short key IDs > > are highly vulnerable to collision and preimage attacks. > > Yeah, it is a 15 years old signature I must decide to update ;) > Thanks. Might want to generate a new key while you are at it :) (especially if the old one is weak) -- Sincerely, Demi Marie Obenour (she/her/hers) Invisible Things Lab