Hi Christoph, Am 01.08.2021 um 07:31 schrieb Michael Schmitz: > Hi Christoph, >> I'll back out the top commit of your series (the one removing set_fs()) >> and retest. Again, this may take a few days to show any results. > > No further format errors, kernel panics or lockups seen after almost a > week of tests. > > That suggests something is wrong with your 'm68k: remove set_fs()' commit. > > I'll try adding a get_fc() and warn whenever FC does not match what your > patch expects, maybe that can help to get a clearer picture. See attached patches, to be applied on top of your RFC series - ran this for five days now, with no further errors. Will run this a while longer yet, but in the ordinary course of testing, I'd have seen errors by now. Haven't seen the WARN_ON trigger once yet though, which is more than a little odd. Heisenbug? I am aware that this patch defeats the purpose of the 'lets lose set_fs' patch series, and Linus was quite convincing in saying preemption couldn't be an issue so saving DFC ought not to be necessary. If there is anything else I can try to get to the bottom of these format errors, please say so. Cheers, Michael