Hello Michael, On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:51:00AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote: > On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 10:49, Jakub Wilk wrote: > > > > * Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) , 2020-04-20, 10:33: > > >>"A signal may be generated (and thus pending) for a process as a whole (e." > > >>"g., when sent using B(2)) or for a specific thread (e.g., certain " > > >>"signals, such as B and B, generated as a consequence of " > > >>"executing a specific machine-language instruction are thread directed, as " > > >>"are signals targeted at a specific thread using B(3)). A " > > >>"process-directed signal may be delivered to any one of the threads that does " > > >>"not currently have the signal blocked. If more than one of the threads has " > > >>"the signal unblocked, then the kernel chooses an arbitrary thread to which " > > >>"to deliver the signal." > > > > > >I can't find the text referred to. I think you may be working > > >with an older version of the page. Can you please check. > > > > In 3b9d44099f234e8e, the long sentence was replaced with this paragraph: > > > > "A signal may be process-directed or thread-directed. A process-directed > > signal is one that is targeted at (and thus pending for) the process as > > a whole. A signal may be process-directed because it was generated by > > the kernel for reasons other than a hardware exception, or because it > > was sent using kill(2) or sigqueue(3). A thread-directed signals is one > > that is targeted at a specific thread. A signal may be thread-directed > > because it was generated as a consequence of executing a specific > > machine-language instruction that triggered a hardware exception (e.g., > > SIGSEGV for an invalid memory access, or SIGFPE for a math error), or > > because it was it was targeted at a specific thread using interfaces > > such as tgkill(2) or pthread_kill(3). > > Thanks, Jakub. Thanks. We are working with what our upstreams provide, and especially archlinux tries to update frequently (but we might lag a few weeks behind them), so from time to time the issue might already been fixed. Due to the sheer size of upstreams and man pages and potential issues to be fixed we unfortunately might occasionally thus report issues already dealt with by you (or your fellow maintainers of other projects). Sorry for the noise. Greetings Helge -- Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php 64bit GNU powered gpg signed mail preferred Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/