Hi Sakari, On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 09:40:50AM +0200, Sakari Ailus wrote: > Hi Jacopo, > > On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 01:25:11AM +0100, jacopo mondi wrote: > > On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 03:22:54PM -0700, Yong Zhi wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > > > This series adds support for the Intel IPU3 (Image Processing Unit) > > > ImgU which is essentially a modern memory-to-memory ISP. It implements > > > raw Bayer to YUV image format conversion as well as a large number of > > > other pixel processing algorithms for improving the image quality. > > > > > > Meta data formats are defined for image statistics (3A, i.e. automatic > > > white balance, exposure and focus, histogram and local area contrast > > > enhancement) as well as for the pixel processing algorithm parameters. > > > The documentation for these formats is currently not included in the > > > patchset but will be added in a future version of this set. > > > > > > The algorithm parameters need to be considered specific to a given frame > > > and typically a large number of these parameters change on frame to frame > > > basis. Additionally, the parameters are highly structured (and not a flat > > > space of independent configuration primitives). They also reflect the > > > data structures used by the firmware and the hardware. On top of that, > > > the algorithms require highly specialized user space to make meaningful > > > use of them. For these reasons it has been chosen video buffers to pass > > > the parameters to the device. > > > > > > On individual patches: > > > > > > The heart of ImgU is the CSS, or Camera Subsystem, which contains the > > > image processors and HW accelerators. > > > > > > The 3A statistics and other firmware parameter computation related > > > functions are implemented in patch 11. > > > > > > All IPU3 pipeline default settings can be found in patch 10. > > > > > > > Seems to me that patch 10 didn't make it to the mailing list, am I > > wrong? > > > > I'm pointing it out as the same happened on your v6. > > Thanks for pointing this out. I've uploaded the entire set here: > > > > including the 10th patch: > > > > It's too big to get through the list server. :-( > > Luckily, it's mostly tables so there's not much to review there. Default > settings, effectively. Thanks, I've now received all patches. Thanks j > > -- > Regards, > > Sakari Ailus > sakari.ailus@linux.intel.com