Hi Hans, I know it is 13 years since you wrote that code: ba8fc39954bf ("V4L/DVB (4270): Add tda9887-specific tuner configuration") There, you added i2c_clients_command() which looks today like this: i2c_clients_command(priv->i2c_props.adap, TUNER_SET_CONFIG, &tda9887_cfg); Now, I would like to get rid of the i2c_clients_command() API, and this is the one remaining user. While trying to convert it into a local function, I started wondering why i2c_clients_command() is used at all. Why do we need to try all devices on the bus? A few lines later we have: tuner_i2c_xfer_send(&priv->i2c_props, buffer, 4); so i2c_props.addr seems to have a valid address? Or are there multiple tuners on that bus? Can you kindly shed some light on this? Thank you! Wolfram