On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 12:55:26PM +0100, Mel Gorman wrote: > On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:52:57AM +0100, James Hogan wrote: > > > What's surprising is that it worked for the zone stats as it appears > > > that calling zone_reclaimable() from that context should also have > > > broken. Did anything change recently that would have avoided the > > > zone->pageset dereference in zone_reclaimable() before? > > > > It appears that zone_pcp_init() was already setting zone->pageset to > > &boot_pageset, via paging_init(): > > > > /me slaps self > > Of course. > > > > The easiest option would be to not call show_mem from arch code until > > > after the pagesets are setup. > > > > Since no other arches seem to do show_mem earily during boot like metag, > > and doing so doesn't really add much value, I'm happy to remove it > > anyway. > > > > Thanks. Can I assume you'll merge such a patch or should I roll one? Yep, I'll take care of it. > > > However could your change break other things and need fixing anyway? > > > > Not that I'm aware of. There would have to be a node-based stat that has > meaning that early in boot to have an effect. If one happened to added > then it would need fixing but until then the complexity is unnecessary. Okay, thanks for the help, Cheers James