On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 01:15:15PM +0100, Michal Hocko wrote: >On Fri 28-12-18 17:42:08, Wu Fengguang wrote: >[...] >> Those look unnecessary complexities for this post. This v2 patchset >> mainly fulfills our first milestone goal: a minimal viable solution >> that's relatively clean to backport. Even when preparing for new >> upstreamable versions, it may be good to keep it simple for the >> initial upstream inclusion. > >On the other hand this is creating a new NUMA semantic and I would like >to have something long term thatn let's throw something in now and care >about long term later. So I would really prefer to talk about long term >plans first and only care about implementation details later. That makes good sense. FYI here are the several in-house patches that try to leverage (but not yet integrate with) NUMA balancing. The last one is brutal force hacking. They obviously break original NUMA balancing logic. Thanks, Fengguang