On Fri, 7 Apr 2023, James Houghton wrote: > On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 5:05 PM Dragan Stancevic wrote: > > > > Hi folks- > > > > if it's not too late for the schedule... > > > > I am starting to tackle VM live migration and hypervisor clustering over > > switched CXL memory[1][2], intended for cloud virtualization types of loads. > > > > I'd be interested in doing a small BoF session with some slides and get > > into a discussion/brainstorming with other people that deal with VM/LM > > cloud loads. Among other things to discuss would be page migrations over > > switched CXL memory, shared in-memory ABI to allow VM hand-off between > > hypervisors, etc... > > > > A few of us discussed some of this under the ZONE_XMEM thread, but I > > figured it might be better to start a separate thread. > > > > If there is interested, thank you. > > Hi Dragan, > > Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'd be very interested to be part > of this BoF, as I'm also interested in using CXL.mem as a live > migration mechanism. > Thanks for cc'ing me, this would be very interesting to talk about. Count me in! > > [1]. High-level overview available at http://nil-migration.org/ > > [2]. Based on CXL spec 3.0 > > Dragan: I'm curious about the reference to CXL spec 3.0 here, is there something specific about 3.0 that this work depends on or should we be good-to-go with 2.0 as well? (Are you referring to 3.0 for security extensions?)