On Thu, 17 Jan 2019, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > So that seems to deal with mincore() in a reasonable way indeed. > > > > It doesn't unfortunately really solve the preadv2(RWF_NOWAIT), nor does it > > provide any good answer what to do about it, does it? > > As I suggested earlier in the thread, the fix for RWF_NOWAIT might be > to just move the test down to after readahead. So I've done some basic smoke testing (~2 hours of LTP+xfstests) on the kernel with the three topmost patches from https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/jikos.git/log/?h=pagecache-sidechannel applied (also attaching to this mail), and no obvious breakage popped up. So if noone sees any principal problem there, I'll happily submit it with proper attribution etc. Thanks, -- Jiri Kosina SUSE Labs