On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 05:02:16PM -0600, Rob Herring wrote: > On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 04:17:54PM +0530, Veerabhadrarao Badiganti wrote: > > + vmmc-supply-max-microamp: > > + description: Maximum load for the card power. > > + vqmmc-supply-max-microamp: > > + description: Maximum load for the bus IO line power. > By a 'common regulator property' I meant documented with regulator > binding like *-supply, not common to MMC. How is MMC special? TBH I'm surprised that these aren't defined by the MMC spec or by the ID information from the part we find connected - I'd not expect the board to be defining these at all. > Thinking about this some more, what's wrong with the max current in the > regulator nodes? I suppose you could have more than one load and need to > define the loads separately? One of the bigger reasons to think about the loads would be to dynamically configure the mode the regulator is in to go into a more efficient mode when some of the devices attached to it are turned off.