Hi Greg, On Mon, 4 May 2009 16:25:42 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this: > > drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c:965: error: unknown field 'nodename' specified in initializer > drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c:965: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type > > Caused by commit 5b1e3a40a98ad5a822cb527439cd57dc60a41db9 ("Driver Core: > devtmpfs - driver core maintained /dev tmpfs"). As far as I can see the > version of this patch in your quilt series currently has never been > posted anywhere public ... The diff summaries for the previous and > current version of this patch are: > > - 18 files changed, 484 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-) > + 38 files changed, 599 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-) > > Which is a pretty big change for something in linux-next. So, can we > please remove this patch until it has proper review, been tested and has > settled down a bit. OK, so now I have another new version of this patch (split up as many patches) in the driver-core tree (destined for linux-next) which has also not been posted to LKML (which is where I assumed it would be posted). I think people would like the opportunity to review this stuff. What do I do? I keep telling everyone that stuff should only be in linux-next *after* it has been reviewed and stabilised ... -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/