On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 06:16:02AM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote: > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Thierry Reding > > Yeah, I saw the devm_gpio_request_one() errors too. They happened for 3 > > boards on ARM I think. Must have forgotten to update the summary email. > > I'll see if I can come up with a patch to fix the GPIO related build > > failures, or at least report it to LinusW or Alexandre. > Hmm. > Please don't apply fixes like these directly to your tree, keep the > broken parts (or drop the tree that introduced it). It makes the > process of getting the fixes in where they really have to go much more > error prone, since there's no way to track whether they have landed in > the right place yet or not. The rule I was applying (which I think is the same as Stephen applies) is that I'd fix anything that was definitely the result of a merge issue (like the build failure in misc due to a sysfs API change in the sysfs tree) but not anything that was just plain broken in the tree in isolation.