On 21/01/2020 10:57, Pavel Machek wrote: > Hi! > >> Get a rough battery charge estimate until we've seen a high or low >> battery level. After that we can use the coulomb counter to calculate >> the battery capacity. >> >> Note that I should probably update this to support ocv-capacity-table >> before this makes sense to apply. With ocv-capacity-table we should be >> able to estimate battery state as described in the documentation for >> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/supply/battery.txt. > > Maybe we should let userspace do that? > > https://github.com/pavelmachek/libbattery Unless this gets integrated in UPower, My point of view is that userspace probably wants some uniform approach. Kernel interface definitely is one uniform interface that would also get picked up by UPower. Cheers, Merlijn