On 2023-07-25, David Howells wrote: > Rather than adding a fchmodat2() syscall, should we add a "set_file_attrs()" > syscall that takes a mask and allows you to set a bunch of stuff all in one > go? Basically, an interface to notify_change() in the kernel that would allow > several stats to be set atomically. This might be of particular interest to > network filesystems. Presumably looking something like statx(2) (except hopefully with extensible structs this time :P)? I think that could also be useful, but given this is a fairly straight-forward syscall addition (and it also would resolve the AT_EMPTY_PATH issue for chmod as well as simplify the glibc wrapper), I think it makes sense to take this and we can do set_statx(2) separately? -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH