On 10/20/20 3:30 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote: > On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:00:05AM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote: >>> So I think it is important to figure out what that driver really wants >>> in the nohz_full case. If it wants to retain N interrupts per CPU, and >>> only reduce the number of CPUs, the proposed interface is wrong. >> It wants N interrupts per non-isolated (AKA housekeeping) CPU. > Then the patch is wrong and the interface needs changing from @min_vecs, > @max_vecs to something that expresses the N*nr_cpus relation. Reading Marcelo's comment again I think what is really expected is 1 interrupt per non-isolated (housekeeping) CPU (not N interrupts). My bad that I missed it initially. -- Thanks Nitesh