Hi! > > > I think that's inherently platform specific to some extent. We can do > > > it with our coreboot based firmware, but there's no guarantee other > > > vendors will adopt the same approach. But I think at least for the > > > ChromeOS ecosystem we can come up with something that'll work, and > > > allow us to dtrt in userspace wrt driver binding. > > > > Agree, we can work with our firmware teams to get that right, and then > > expose it from kernel to userspace to help it implement the policy we > > want. > > This is already in the spec for USB, I suggest working to get this added > to the other bus type specs that you care about as well (UEFI, PCI, > etc.) Note that "you can only use authorized SSD and authorized WIFI card in this notebook" was done before, but is considered antisocial. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html