On 10/14/2019 1:20 AM, Thierry Reding wrote: > I think this makes sense, so: > > Reviewed-by: Thierry Reding > > However, it looks like Sinan has researched this extensively in the past > and gave a presentation on this at Plumbers in 2017: > > https://blog.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/ocw/system/presentations/4732/original/crs.pdf > > Adding Sinan to see if he has any concerns about this, since resume time > is explicitly mentioned in the above slides. Thanks for including me. Let me catch up here. pci_dev_wait() is supposed to handle this case via pci_pm_reset(). /** * pci_pm_reset - Put device into PCI_D3 and back into PCI_D0. * @dev: Device to reset. * @probe: If set, only check if the device can be reset this way. */ Do you know if your execution path hits this function? We might have missed a use case.