linux-raid.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Paul E Luse <paul.e.luse@linux.intel.com>
To: "John Stoffel" <john@stoffel.org>
Cc: Mariusz Tkaczyk <mariusz.tkaczyk@linux.intel.com>,
	linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Move mdadm development to Github
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:27:11 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 17:04:20 -0400
"John Stoffel" <john@stoffel.org> wrote:

> > Hello,
> > In case you didn't notice the patchset:
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-raid/20240419014839.8986-1-mariusz.tkaczyk@linux.intel.com/T/#t
>
> > For now, I didn't receive any feedback. I would love to hear you
> > before making it real.
>
> I'm really prefer you don't move the mailing list.  I hate reading
> threads on a million different web apps.  I don't mind the
> developement being there, but keeping the mailing list is better in my
> mind.

To be clear, the mailing list is not moving.  The two main changes here
as Mariusz outlined in his email:

* The GitHub repo will be the new home of the code and should be
  considered the main repo.  The other will be kept around and also be
  kept in sync
* Instead of using the mailing list to propose patches, use GitHub Pull
  Requests. Mariusz is setting up GitHub to send an email to the mailing
  list so that everyone can still be made aware of new patches in the
  same manner as before.  Just use GitHub moving forward for actual
  code reviews.

Make sense?

-Paul