On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 09:17:33AM +0200, Greg KH wrote: > Ok, that's good to hear. But platform devices should never be showing > up as a child of a PCI device. In the "near future" when we get the > virtual bus code merged, we can convert any existing users like this to > the new code. What are we supposed to do with things like PCI attached FPGAs and ASICs in that case? They can have host visible devices with physical resources like MMIO ranges and interrupts without those being split up neatly as PCI subfunctions - the original use case for MFD was such ASICs, there's a few PCI drivers in there now. Adding support for those into virtual bus would make it even more of a cut'n'paste of the platform bus than it already is.