On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 02:27:10PM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > I wonder if SW_MFD might me more apt though? Based on Mark's remarks > current MFD is 'hw' MFD where the created platform_devices expect a > MMIO pass through, while this is a MFD a device-specific SW > interfacing layer. Another part of this is that there's not a clean cut over between MMIO and not using any hardware resources at all - for example a device might be connected over I2C but use resources to distribute interrupts to subdevices. > MFD really is the best name for this kind of functionality, > understanding how it is different from the current MFD might also help > justify why it exists and give it a name. Right, it's not clear what we're doing here.