linux-rdma.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Steve Wise <larrystevenwise@gmail.com>
To: Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org>
Cc: Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@acm.org>,
	wangqi <3100102071@zju.edu.cn>,
	linux-rdma <linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [question]can hard roce and soft roce communicate with each other?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 08:24:08 -0600	[thread overview]

I've recently uncovered a bug in RXE that causes iCRC errors when
running between RXE and a correct RoCE implementation.  The bug is
that RXE is not including pad bytes in its iCRC calculations.  So if
the application payload is not 4B aligned then you'll hit this bug.
You can see this by running ib_write_bw, for example, between mlnx_ib
and rxe.

works:  ib_write_bw -s 32 -n 5
fails: ib_write_bw -s 33 -n 5

I'll post a patch this coming weekend hopefully.

Steve.