Hi Guenter, > > driver takes over. If the system hangs in this window, bad luck. So, I'd think > > it makes sense to have this clock either always-on or to keep the state which > > came from the firmware. I wrote this paragraph... > Is handover even possible if the clock is controlled by clock management ? > Seems to me the clock would then be turned off through pm, which effectively > turns off the watchdog. So it will be off between clock/pm initialization > and the above code, meaning wdt handover from the boot loader is for all > practical purposes useless if the kernel gets stuck in between. ... because I fully agree with you :)