linux-renesas-soc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
To: Wolfram Sang <wsa+renesas@sang-engineering.com>
Cc: Wolfram Sang <wsa@the-dreams.de>,
	Linux-Renesas <linux-renesas-soc@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [PULL REQUEST] renesas/v3u/devel-v2 for renesas drivers
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:04:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Wolfram,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 3:43 PM Wolfram Sang
<wsa+renesas@sang-engineering.com> wrote:
> here is my updated v3u devel branch for renesas-drivers. It is based on
> our agreed base, so quite some patches from the previous version are

Oops. When discussing this, I thought you were looking for a good base
for development/testing, not for submitting ;-)

> already upstream. For the remaining ones, all review comments have been
> addressed, and the patches have been resent. Most binding doc updates
> are in -next meanwhile. The watchdog patches have been reviewed by
> Guenter. The rest is mainly your realm :) There are some debugging
> patches in there which I left in place.
>
> Please pull.
>
> Kind regards,
>
>    Wolfram
>

> The following changes since commit 748c9c1c5e7d00fe6d1e5d47140e4492d7e63719:
>
>   Merge branch 'topic/r8a779a0-dt-msiof-v2' into renesas-drivers (2021-01-12 12:36:54 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git renesas/v3u/devel-v2
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 4a1e26c947d213b717ee6c845dc922b1102305ef:
>
>   HACK: make hscif0 console (2021-01-21 11:41:52 +0100)

Not to be included.

> Wolfram Sang (18):
>       dt-bindings: watchdog: renesas,wdt: add r8a779a0 (V3U) support
>       WIP soc: v3u: allow WDT reset

This is nice to have, for now.

>       arm64: proper comment formatting in reboot handler
>       watchdog: renesas_wdt: don't sleep in atomic context
>       watchdog: renesas_wdt: add grace period before rebooting

This is basically your "renesas/v3u/wdt-v2" branch.

>       v3u: enable other I2C busses for testing

Not to be included.

Due to the amount of conflicts between the old versions in your base,
and the newer accepted versions, and due to the unwanted commits, I'm
cherry-picking the top 5 commits of your "renesas/v3u/wdt-v2" branch
instead.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds