Hello Thierry, On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 08:06:49PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote: > I also think that it's overly narrow is scope, so you can't actually > "blindly" use this helper and I've seen quite a few cases where this was > unknowingly used for cases where it shouldn't have been used and then > broke things (because some drivers must not do the request_mem_region() > for example). You have a link to such an accident? > And then there are cases where the driver needs the > resource for some other purpose, so you can't use the helper either, or > at least it looses all of its advantages in those cases. There is devm_platform_get_and_ioremap_resource() for (some of) these cases. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |