On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 12:34:03PM +0100, Marek Szyprowski wrote: > For some unknown (maybe historical?) reasons support for secondary I2S DAI > was implemented by adding additional virtual platform device, which was > then probed again with the main I2S driver. This pattern is really hard > to follow and provides no benefits, so lets remove this hack and register > both DAIs during linear probe of Exynos I2S controller driver. It's historical, there used to be limitations that made it impossible to register multiple devices to one DAI IIRC.