linux-sgx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@linux.intel.com>
To: linux-sgx@vger.kernel.org
Cc: sean.j.christopherson@intel.com, shay.katz-zamir@intel.com,
	serge.ayoun@intel.com
Subject: x86/sgx: v23-rc1
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 17:07:23 +0300	[thread overview]

Baseline before adding Sean's updates. This contains only my updates. I
spent this day mostly fixing diff's. Especially these two were somewhat
unclean:

1. x86/sgx: Add a page reclaimer
2. x86/sgx: Linux Enclave Driver

Now they pile up nicely (I think). So I decided to do this tag since now
commit's in the sense of form and shape are legit. And also because
things, well, work.

I'll continue from this by integrating Sean's changes. You can see below
what has been already changed.

/Jarkko

tag v23-rc1
Tagger: Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@linux.intel.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 9 16:59:10 2019 +0300

x86/sgx: v23-rc1 patch set

* Return -EIO instead of -ECANCELED when ptrace() fails to read a TCS page.
* In the reclaimer, pin page before ENCLS[EBLOCK] because pinning can fail
  (because of OOM) even in legit behaviour and after EBLOCK the reclaiming
  flow can be only reverted by killing the whole enclave.
* Fixed SGX_ATTR_RESERVED_MASK. Bit 7 was marked as reserved while in fact
  it should have been bit 6 (Table 37-3 in the SDM).
* Return -EPERM from SGX_IOC_ENCLAVE_INIT when ENCLS[EINIT] returns an SGX
  error code.

/Jarkko